Kaleo Changes the Very Nature of IT Self-Help
Machine learning extracts questions and answers from closed tickets and knowledge repositories in ServiceNow
Kaleo Software today announced the immediate availability of Kaleo for IT, fully integrated into ServiceNow. By automatically discovering question trends hidden in closed tickets and matching those up with answers extracted from knowledge articles and documents, Kaleo deflects IT service desk calls to self-help. This not only creates a better end-user experience for IT but also saves money and frees up technical staff to work on higher-value activities.
Kaleo for IT is the newest in a family of Answer Management applications that capture and deliver knowledge in Q&A format. Employees can now get answers without searching through documents or asking other people for help. Kaleo is smart enough to automatically find repeat questions and create bite-sized answers. Unlike traditional knowledge management, which can be expensive to implement and hard to maintain, Kaleo for IT grows automatically as new questions are answered. Kaleo generates value every day, reducing time spent looking for new information and time spent answering repeated questions.
“Kaleo is an IT Support game changer,” said Dave Berry, CIO of lululemon athletica. “We’re on track to becoming a $4B company by 2020, and that kind of explosive growth puts a lot of pressure on IT people. The last thing we want for them is wasting time answering routine questions. We needed a way to deflect common IT issues to self-help. Kaleo integrated their Answer Management application into our ServiceNow platform, allowing us to leverage that investment and automate Tier-0 support.”
“Smart IT leaders position themselves to become a true partner to the business,” says Kaleo’s CEO, Phil Hui-Bon-Hoa. “A big challenge on that journey is that the business’ perception of IT value is based largely on service desk interactions. So, we’re improving employee engagement while lowering support costs and helping IT leaders become business partners.”
The Kaleo for IT ServiceNow integration features:
- Content Transformation: Kaleo uses machine learning algorithms and natural language understanding techniques to transform closed tickets and documents to Q&A.
- Self Service Portal Search: When an end-user performs a search, Kaleo answers relevant to the search terms are included in results.
- Email Notifications: Kaleo answers are included in email notifications at incident creation, providing links to relevant self-help — providing the end-user the opportunity to resolve their own issue more quickly, and deflecting work from IT.
- Incident Comments: As users click, view and navigate suggested Kaleo answers, comments are inserted into the incident record so agents know what the user has already read/tried.
- Incident Close Notes: If Kaleo is successful in deflecting the call, a closed ticket is created and marked ‘closed by self-help.’ Close Notes are updated automatically with a log of the user’s activity in Kaleo.
- Incident Stream: Kaleo pulls new incident data hourly for repeat-call analysis, so call-spike culprits are brought to light quickly, and new questions can be answered in real time to aid deflection.
- Incident Forms: As a user fills out an incident form, Kaleo suggests answers relevant to the description in an attempt to solve the problem and deflect a service desk ticket.
Kaleo for IT ServiceNow integrations will be unveiled May 7-11, 2017, in Orlando during the Knowledge17 conference — at booth #709 — and will soon be available as a download from the ServiceNow Store.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!