How Kaleo Scales Organizational Knowledge from 1:1 to 1:Many
Managers focused on training, onboarding, and ongoing operations know that deploying new software and supporting users on existing systems and processes is an expensive and often inefficient proposition. Users take the path of least resistance when they have questions, contacting experts directly through social media, “hallway drive-bys” or calling the help desk. Any answers they get are trapped in that 1:1 interaction.
Knowledge managers need tools to scale knowledge across the organization.
Kaleo Software is a scalable knowledge capture and access platform that moves your organization from 1:1 support to 1:many.
- It reduces costs, streamlines processes, reduces ‘rework’ and improves collaboration across the organization.
- Costs to deploy and maintain critical corporate knowledge are reduced. The time to deploy is much lower than traditional approaches–typically weeks instead of months.
- Packaged topics can provide up-front content, and knowledge managers can seed additional content that is critical for a launch.
- Increase the lifespan of existing knowledge repositories, reducing rework or investment in newer systems.
- Experts are able to link to and maintain existing content in multiple repositories, fostering credibility. Good content is highlighted, and answers are curated by experts, so you know they are up-to-date.
An easier way to find knowledge among the enterprise solutions you already use
Because its search widget is embedded in the enterprise software employees are already using, Kaleo does not infringe on or require a user to use another system, resulting in a low level of friction to product engagement. As users become familiar with systems and ask for additional information, the knowledge base grows organically. Executives can designate experts in specific topics, and those experts are notified when there are new questions for them to answer. Instead of creating masses of content up-front and distracting from their day-to-day work, they can provide answers in a “just-in-time” manner based on demand. The process of capturing knowledge is streamlined, and the barrier to entry for both knowledge creation and access is lowered, reducing costs and increasing efficiency. Employees begin to collaborate and contribute to building knowledge as the value of the resource is realized and contributions are recognized by peers and rewarded by management.
For designated experts, Kaleo’s tools are simple to use. Experts are notified when new questions are asked. The authoring tool is a straightforward web entry page. Kaleo also provides embedded screen capture software, so there’s no need to invest in a separate tool. Users can comment on the answers, allowing experts to refine content.
Scaling your knowledge capture solution from 1:1 to 1:many reduces support costs and builds a more efficient, collaborative organization.